Joi Walker

Joi Walker


Joi Walker, affectionately known as Coach J, is a dynamic results-oriented professional dedicated to preparing student-athletes for more than just game day. Coach J provides athletes with the tools they need to redefine themselves and take the gems they learned through sports and apply them as they make the transition from student-athletes to young professionals. A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Walker obtained her bachelor's degree in accounting from South Carolina State University where she was a member of the women's basketball team. She went on to obtain her master's degree in accounting from Clark Atlanta University.

Walker has had the privilege to play and coach at the Division 1 level. Walker worked in Corporate America for several years before returning to collegiate athletics. Upon her return to sports she was able to see the gaps. Although student-athletes were incredibly gifted they often lacked the resources that would allow them to see themselves as more than just athletes and successfully transition out of collegiate athletics into the workforce.

Walker's desire to help athletes take the lessons they learned from sports and apply them to life inspired her to start Sets For Life. Sets For Life is a life skills company dedicated to training, equipping, and empowering student-athletes for life after sports. Walker is an avid reader, blogger, and host of the Sets For Life Podcast.

The Sweet Spot


The Sweet Spot is the missing manual that every current and former collegiate athlete needs to read. We have all heard the statistic that less than 2% of athletes will play professional sports. This book will help the other 98% identify their passion outside of sports and chase new dreams. Student-athletes have an incredible skill set and this book will teach them how to leverage it and dominate life after sports.

Many former athletes struggle to navigate life after sports because they never visualized themselves as more than an athlete. As athletes transition they are in the middle of a huge identity crisis. Many athletes settle for the first opportunity that comes along and live beneath their potential.

This book will help athletes to understand that they are not alone and it will encourage them as they find their very own sweet spot in life.

The Sweet Spot